Fee Structure and Rates
- Our rates vary by coach, subject and location. We are priced competitively. Please contact us for more information.
- The minimum length for each session is 1 hour.
- From time to time students will have other obligations that cut our lessons short. In this case, we will still bill for the full hour. Please schedule lessons accordingly.
- Lessons exceeding 1 hour are rounded to the nearest quarter of an hour.
- Our tutors will contact you to schedule the first lesson. If you ever need to change a scheduled lesson or add an additional session, please feel free to contact our tutors directly.
Accepted Payment Methods
- Clients have the choice of keeping a credit card securely on file or paying in advance for lessons. We must receive either credit card information or an advanced payment prior to the start of tutoring.
- Payments are not collected by our Coaches.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Billing and Outstanding Balances
- Private Prep handles all invoicing through our online billing system. We send out invoices every other Thursday for unbilled lessons.
- While we do not charge late fees, the operation of our service does rely on the prompt payment of your invoice. We will discontinue services if more than one invoice is outstanding.
- In order to maintain scheduling flexibility for our Coaches, we have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Lessons that are cancelled with less than 24-hours’ notice will be charged in full. This policy is not meant to be punitive, but is in place out of respect for the value of our Coaches’ time.
Families accrue 4 points with each hour-long session they schedule and 100 points for each successful client referral. A total of 100 points rewards families with $50 automatically added to their next invoice. There is no limit to the number of points a family can accrue. In addition, each time a family accrues 100 points, $25 is donated to our pro bono scholarship program.
Siblings are granted a $75 credit when they first sign up with Private Prep!