The Private Prep Scholarship Program
Our Scholarship Program
It’s simple. We believe hard-working students – no matter their financial status – deserve support to maximize their potential and achieve their educational goals.
The Private Prep Scholarship Program places high-achieving students from low-income or underserved backgrounds with individual tutors. Our expert admissions coaches work with them to navigate the test prep and college application process and ultimately gain admission to best-fit colleges.
The scholarship provides:
- An initial consultation with a director as well as ongoing support for any questions that arise throughout the process
- 4-6 months of weekly sessions with a live tutor (online or in-person, subject to availability)
- Materials for independent work assignments in between sessions
- Diagnostic tests and analysis to determine whether a student should pursue the SAT or ACT
- Proctored practice tests and analysis of results
- Comprehensive college admissions support
- Value of services in excess of $10,000
Who’s eligible to apply?
Our application season for 2019-20 has been closed but stay tuned for our application for 2020-2021 to be live soon!
Students who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above in a rigorous course load within their school context (AP, Honors, IB) and completion of Algebra 2/Trigonometry prior to 11th grade
- Diagnostic SAT of 1100+ or ACT of 22+
- Free and reduced lunch or 90%+ scholarship at an independent school
- Demonstrated extracurricular interests/leadership or significant family responsibilities
- A strong desire to attend a four-year college or university
- Preference will be given to 1st generation college-bound students